Residential DPT Program
Since 1979, USAHS has been a leader in graduate Physical Therapy education with our focus on professional clinical preparedness. You’ll learn from professors who are practicing clinicians, ensuring that your education will be relevant with a focus on hands-on experience. The USAHS DPT curriculum enables student flexibility by blending online learning components with traditional on-campus, face-to-face learning. As a result, student interaction with faculty and fellow classmates is more meaningful, significant and effective. Our residential DPT program is for students who are able to attend classes throughout the week at one of our five destination campuses.
- Small class ratios promoting development of close relationships with both faculty and peers.
- An interdisciplinary educational curriculum where occupational and physical therapy students take classes and work together as commonly practiced in clinical settings.
- Well-educated and experienced faculty who are attuned to student needs.
- St. Augustine, San Marcos, Austin, Miami and Dallas are ideal for student life with excellent recreational and cultural activities.
- Three clinical internships during the second half of the program deliver critical hands-on experience and patient management skills. One internship is 6 weeks long and the other two are each 12 weeks long and require the student’s full-time participation.*
- Start at the time of year that best suits your schedule. The St. Augustine, San Marcos, Austin and Miami campuses offer start dates in Jan, May, and Sept. The Dallas campus offers a single start date in Sept.
* Clinical placements are determined by USAHS based on the student’s academic needs and to provide the best educational experience. Students should plan on the need to travel and/or relocate for clinical experiences.